Air system problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Air system problem
From: "Brian Cochran" <bricklin2264@usa.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 19:51:34 -0500
I finally tried putting air in my system today.  I hooked an external
compressor up (just a small roadside tire inflator), and turned it on.  I ran
it for a while, and the gauge on it was barely registering anything.  So I
disconnected it, and heard air hissing.  It was coming from the compartment
behind the driver seat.  I found that the black knob in the center that says
Lock + - was broken off.  I know some air systems are different, so I took
pictures.

http://www.geocities.com/bricklin2264/airleak.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bricklin2264/airleak2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bricklin2264/airleak3.jpg

When I pushed it all the way on and held it there it didn't seem to leak at
all. What exactly does this part do?  Is there any way of fixing it other than
replacement?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, if Geocities complains about my site being over it's hourly transfer
limit again, just ask me and I'll email you the pictures.
--

Brian
Bricklin 2264 & 2151

Check out my Bricklin sites.