Re: Shiny Side Up?

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shiny Side Up?
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 03:36:37 -0400
> I bought the fiber carpet padding from JC Whitney that has foil on one
side.

The only problem with this stuff is that it retains water, while most bricks
don't see much rain, any water that gets to it stays in it and grows mold
and mildew. it is much better to use the closed cell urethane foam with foil
cover. It comes with foil on both sides so it reflects radiant heat both
ways( keeps cool in and hot out). I don't think JC Whitney carries it but it
is available at most major auto swap meets and rod shops. I have used this
stuff before in rods and it greatly reduces heat and noise.
 The best thing I have found to glue foil backed pad with is liquid nails
panel adhesive. It doesn't dry too fast and holds for many years and is
pretty cheep.
 Foil towards the heat! Foil reflects radiant energy, reflect it away form
you.
Rick

///
///