Re: Radiator

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:03:33 -0400
I learned a long time ago that a radiator is only worth what you pay for it.
If you don't mind sitting on the side of the road waiting for your car to
cool down to add some more coolant, then use a cheap or used rad!
If you want your car to cool go to a REPUTABLE rad shop that builds rads and
ask them to help. Most of these people are very knowledgeable having been in
the cooling business for years. ASK for HELP! they will gladly help you out
and it will cost less in the long run.
 One more point, a rad can only cool with an adequate air flow passing
through it. Make sure the shroud is in place and the fan clutch is NEW.
there should be substantial drag when you try to spin the fan (WITH THE
MOTOR OFF), if there is not your car will not cool. If the car heats up when
sitting but cools once you start moving, the fan is not doing its job and
you probably need a new HIGH quality replacement. Don't get one that has
been siting around a long time, it's probably no good any more as the
silicone has leaked out or the seal has hardened and the silicone will leak
out after you install it. Remember  Cheap stuff usually isn't good and Good
stuff usually isn't cheap!
Rick