Re: blessing in disguise

To: colemaal@hotmail.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blessing in disguise
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 18:54:50 PST
I also removed all of mine with a 3/8 drive but be very careful.  As I
think I mentioned in a carpet article, when I put the bolts back in
behind the valance, I found that the big square nuts were "stripped".  I
know that I could not have stripped them when I took the bolts out plus
the bolts were not damaged at all -- I remembered that John Blair had
had a terrible time with those bolts.  Come to find out, according to
Hoffman if I remember correctly, some 74's came with stripped out nuts.
When I put my belts back in, I bought some nylock nuts and put them in
behind because the bolts just kept turning, not as you would think a
bolt within stripped nut would -- it just felt differently and I have a
lot of experience with feel and stripping and nut turning (not to be
x-rated). There was something unexplainably wrong with that picture and
I still don't really know why this happened.  All I know is that the
belts are secure now. Kim