Re: Victory?!?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Victory?!?
From: Parkman Kenneth <Kenneth.Parkman@pwc.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 16:33:53 -0400
which bricklin is faster stock? What's the
> fastest modified bricklin?

For modification point of view the AMC powered car has much more
potential for less money.  The cylinder heads are much superior (approx
205 CFM @ 25")  to the Ford heads (haven't got direct data on the 75
351W but small block ford heads are usually in the 140 CFM range).  The
AMC 360 is also externally identical to the 401, so it's easy to
increase displacement inexpensively. A low buck 401 can easily make
425 hp, but a 351 needs heads and bottom end rework to do that. Of
course the parts available for the Ford are terrific, and the sky is
the limit if you've got the money.

I'm going to try to have one of the faster Bricklins as I have under
construction a tube chassis Bricklin (target 2100lb) which will
initially recieve the 401 AMC (approx 475hp) engine out of my bracket
race Hornet (10.28 sec @ 130 mph at a weight of 2875lb). This should
result in a 1/4 mile time of 9.6 seconds, but theory doesn't mater
until I get it on the track.

Ken