Re: Victory?!?

To: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>,
Subject: Re: Victory?!?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:08:29 -0400
(apparently the distributor points
>were not adjusted in the least and were closed throughout the
rotation)
========
Well, they closed up after you drove it a little causing the motor
to die.
========
>Fixed that and the Bricklin Jumped to life.  It laid patches ran
hard
>ran smooth  ran fast.
========
Amazing what a little adjustment can do, and a few hot rod parts
would help even more.
========
  It made the 30 mile trip without a hitch except
>for the toll booth were the window had to be rolled down (oops
forgot a
>window crank)  Cruised through downtown homewood and tried to
impress
>chicks (with moderate sucess).  Now my friend is in love with
Bricklins
>and wants to sell his Chevy Nova (faster than my brick) just to
have
>gullwing doors and gears for cruisin(top speed).
>
>Just thought you all might like to hear some good news from #466
after
>all the anguish I appeared to be wailing through
>
>Scott #466
========
Congradulations!
========

>P.S.  Is it just me or is the 40MPH-100MPH  range for the Bricklin
just
>awesome.  I drove my buddies 1/4 mile monster Nova and the thing
would
>just eat the Bricklin off the line, but I have not felt such
powerful
>pull at 40 MPH or even 70MPH before.  And my mom AND my best friend
have
>stingray corvettes.
========
You say your performance car experiences are somewhat limited? :^))
========
  I've owned mustangs.  I ridden in Novas  etc.  Do
>we have awesome cars or what?  I'm not sure what can of worms I
>amopening up here, but which bricklin is faster stock?
========
Or what, I think. Some folks on the list say their '74's are faster.
I've never even seen a '74 in the flesh so I can't say. The road
tests/stats I have indicate they're pretty even with the '75 having
more top end. I think tuning has a lot to do with it. The '75 road
test lists top speed as 118, but I got stopped  outside Decatur,
Ala. for alledgely going 138.
========
 What's the
>fastest modified bricklin?
========
One of the members has a bracket racer, I think. Terry T. was
working on a twin engined 'tractor pull' Bricklin and a blown and
injected street machine awhile back.

GM