Re: FW: TKR Episode / Information

To: Dave Cairns <dexin@aztec-net.com>
Subject: Re: FW: TKR Episode / Information
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:20:08 -0500
At 06:22 PM 1/21/98 -0800, Dave Cairns wrote:

>They Destroyed a BRICKLING!!!! How could they ? What were they thinking
>? Ack!! Hrmm.. Maby they would want to sell me the destroyed one ? COuld
>be a good project car... Hrmm..

Dave might not be too far off target.  As most of you all know by now,
I spent 4 years (from 88-92) restoring my 65 Morgan 4/4 Series V.  During
that time frame a move came out "War of the Roses".  Anyone remember it.
The little sports car that Danny DeVito (sp) had was a Morgan +4.  His
wife ran over it with here 4x4.  That car was a real Morgan.  (BTW for
anyone that doesn't know anything about Morgans, the Factory only makes
450 cars a year.  There were only 639 of my cars built during the
production run. Morgan is the oldest surviving Independant car manufacturer
in the world.)  The car in the movie had to be reinforced to
allow her 4x4 to drive over it.  After the movie was made, a fellow
bought the scrap, restored it and is now racing it!

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
71 Saab Sonnett III     75 Bricklin SV1     77 Spitfire