Re: FFR in AP

To: "Escano, Arnold (MP)" <aescano@guidant.com>,
Subject: Re: FFR in AP
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:14:52 -0700
Arnold,
    This sort of goes along with what James suggested yesterday (I think),
to have a small-engined, lightweight class other than DP, plus the present
AP. I doubt this would happen, since the SEB doesn't want to add any class
and, from their perspective, dilute/spread the Prepared class car count
among more classes. Sorry for the awkward wording.
    I don't know how many would actually support this kind of class, at
least at Topeka (which is what the SEB looks at), but it could well bring
out some cars to Topeka who find the trip a waste of time with the present
rules and class structure. I know there are Turners (you all know what those
are!?) lurking, plus maybe some others.
    Perhaps such a class could include more small-engined marques based on a
power to weight ratio something like in EP. That way, it could be that some
cars presently listed in DP, or even EP, which have to pack weight, could
run lighter in the new 'inbetwixt' class.
--Pat Kelly

"charles cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>, "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>