Re: Travel time to "big" events...

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Subject: Re: Travel time to "big" events...
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:32:31 -0800
At 02:11 PM 2/14/2003 -0800, John J. Stimson-III wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:49:37PM -0800, Jim Ochi wrote:
> > If I remember correctly, it's about 8 hours of driving to San Diego.
>
>That's if you drive at Jim-Ochi-like speeds, which is certainly
>possible to do with a trailer (after all, Jim does), although not
>exceptionally legal (see prior comments about stupid California 55mph
>trailer speed limit).

Oh, come on now - 500 miles, 8 hours - that's an average of 62.5 mph.  Yes,
a little above the 55 mph speed limit, but nowhere near how fast we towed
through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas on the way to
Topeka.  Heck, I've had a CHP officer tell me to just keep it under 65,
after he gave me a warning for towing at 70...

Jim