Re: Using a small business to help with autoxing/racing events?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Using a small business to help with autoxing/racing events?
From: Vernon Head <vlhead@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:35:08 -0800
Salah:

I'm afraid the IRS is ready for you on this one. If this "side" business is
related to a hobby, they will usually allow you to write off expenses equal
to your sales. So if you sell $3k worth of Kick-Ass special autocross
formula additive, then you could maybe write off the same in autox expenses,
but there definitely would be a limit. If the business is your main source
of income, and you can prove that autocross is bringing you customers, then
they might let you write off more.

-Vernon