Re: FW: Website

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Website
From: Dan Williamson <muyrapido@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:07:50 -0700 (PDT)
--- Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@kenmitchell.com> wrote:
> C'Mon, I find it hard to believe that Dealers are looking on the various
> websites for the very small percentage of their customers that would be
> autocrossing a Subaru. Also, I don't believe that a dealer has the
> authority to cancel a manufacturer's warranty. They may not have to
> honor it. Only the manufacturer can void the warranty.

I totally agree with Ken on this one...  I had many problems in the past with
getting my Neons
serviced or having the factory Koni's replaced as they were prone to blowing
seals.  The easiest
thing to do is call the customer service department of Subaru North America and
get a customer
care number (or similar).  All you have to do is complain that the dealer is
not living up the the
manufactuer's warranty, and they will literally call that dealer and schedule
you an appointment
and tell them to honor the warranty.  This is the route I took, even to get my
car aligned back to
Auto-x specs after Koni replacement as it was well within the factory specs.

Good Luck
Dan Williamson
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com