RE: Duel at De Anza?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Duel at De Anza?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:12:05 -0700
MJ writes...

>There better be a real coffee house nearby, God knows there isn't >anybody
>awake at Star.ucks at that hour.
>Hmmm, Coke & Kremes for breakfast, and a Drag race in Tech!
>HEY, KATIE wanna drive ours??

Wow, what a nice invite! But, wait, isn't that this weekend? I can't even drive
my own car. That is, I think I can reach the stick shift now, but reaching is
one thing, shifting is another. Plus, I live up in Marin, and the last time I
did Deanza, I left my house I don't know how early, and I still barely squeaked
in. It was really stressful, cutting it to the wire like that.

Nobody dis' Deanza, now. It's the most bizarre event around, clearly
antiquated, and I shall always maintain, to the contrary of other members of my
family, that is what makes it so fun. It's like a history lesson, a parade, a
carnival, a festival, one of the most enjoyable days you can spend in a parking
lot. You sit there all day, but there are TREES, and food vendors, and Mike
Camicia as the lead announcer, and if you spin out, people will CLAP for you.

Katie K.