RE: How racers drive

To: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: RE: How racers drive
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:45:26 -0800
Kevin,

Perhaps my point wasn't clear. You say the research is crap, I'm saying it's
an unnecessary waste of time.

There are any number of things people can do that distract their attention
from driving. Focusing on each one individually, or on cell phone use
exclusively, is a waste of time. Just stiffen penalties for causing any
collision or unsafe driving maneuver and catch them all.

Incidentally, your argument suffers from confusing correlation with causation.
It's true that 94% of all prisoners are males but nobody claims the justice
system is gender biased.