Re: AACCKKK~I Hate Rules!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AACCKKK~I Hate Rules!
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 00:13:30 EDT
James writes:

> oh, i was talking about AP, my 'other' choice of class.  means slicks,
> towing a trailer and changing tires though :P  my wheels are really heavy

Well, yeah, that's a good point.  AP does mean race tires for most people...
I guess it depends on your intentions.  If you want to go to National Tours,
etc., then a class other than OSP makes sense.  If you want to have fun
locally, then OSP is probably the best place.  Unfortunately, the National
class structure doesn't support kit cars very well...  Even if you accept the
truck/trailer and race tires, the level to which you have to prepare the car
for A/P makes it unstreetable.  You'd certainly want the frame and springs
stiffer, so you'd want a cage, and the spring rates would be uncomfortable...

Charlie