Re: braking...

To: "Clifford Richardson" <the_brain7@hotmail.com>, <geratol@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: braking...
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:23:30 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clifford Richardson" <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
To: <geratol@hotmail.com>; <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 11:38 PM

> Thanks so much everyone for your comments. Someone made a suggestion,
since
> my car has an auto tranny, that I learn to do left-foot braking. It would
> help shave some time off my runs. Is it that helpful?

It can be, but it takes practice.  Mostly because you have to teach your
left foot how to feel the brakes.  Since you have an automatic you can
easily practice on the street.  I did this myself with my 300ZX.  The theory
behind left-foot braking is that there is no lag between moving your foot
between the throttle and the brake.  You're always on one or the other
(sometimes both!).

There are some folks who even left-foot brake in cars with manual trannies,
but this of course is more difficult.  I don't do it in my Miata; the pedal
box is a bit small and I'm out of practice.

Scot

You're three times more likely to wind up in court than in a hospital.
Shouldn't you be protected?
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/szediker