Re: Shifting Question

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Shifting Question
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:17:03 -0700
downshifting shouldnt cost you time because you do it under braking.  up
shifting costs you because you are coasting when you could be accelerating.

i try to shift on corners where i cant use full throttle anyway. then you
dont lose acceleration potential.

but these days i have enough torque i dont bother with 1st even at the
start.

-james c