Re: what a great school

To: nokones@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: what a great school
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:50:16 -0700
In message <393C5079.5BC51127@ix.netcom.com>Kenneth Allan Mitchell writes

>Are you willing to be the school's host? Are you able to get cones and
>the necessary support equipment and arrange for the insurance, get the
>site, compile the list of students and collect their money, make the
>necessary deposits to the school, take care of the transportation (Air &
>Ground to/from the airport and hotel for some instructors and provide 2
>rental cars) and lodging expenses for the instructor staff, provide
>lunch each day for the instructors and students? If so Jean will be more
>than happy to arrange for date(s).
>
>I believe the web site lists what a school host is required to do. If
>you can meet those requirements definitely let Jean know and she will
>schedule you the dates.

I think that if SFR SCCA is serious about asking, "What can we do
to make more national champions?" then bringing the Evolution school
to town is something to seriously consider.

I was absolutely serious about co-hosting the event[*], if I could find
someone to share the work, and if SFR SCCA would help out with the
things that we normally do for an event (cones, site, insurance)
and the money.  The logistics (travel and lodging and rental cars)
are daunting (for me) but do-able.  Lunch and student registration
seem like things that we already handle for our schools, and, because
of the smaller number of students, should hopefully be less onerous.

If we have a small group of maybe five or six people who would like
to see this happen, perhaps it could work.

Kevin Lahey
kml@patheticgeek.net

[*] Although, I'd be grateful if someone spoke up and said,
"You're smokin' crack, Kevin.  This is enormously more complex
than co-chairing an SFR SCCA or NASA event.  It will drive you
nuts.  Wake up."  I'd rather not discover this myself...