Slow Courses On Big Sites Is Not Fun!

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slow Courses On Big Sites Is Not Fun!
From: "adam popp" <raft321@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:47 -0400
    Hello everyone. Well, I heard there was a lot of complaining at the Toledo
National Tour about the courses there being to fast. They weren't that fast,
come on now. Then, I heard from a source at the most recent cendiv event this
weekend at Grissom AFB, that the national tour at Grissom was tight and slow
because people complained about the national tour courses in Toledo. Then this
cendiv event I went to where I was expecting a typical Grissom course, was not
as good, it was slower and tighter.
     Now people, why are you in autocrossing if you don't want to go fast?
Slow courses on big sites such as Grissom or Toledo Bax airport are not fun,
like I mentioned in the subject line.
    I also heard the SCCA wants the top speed at the national tours to be
60mph at any site from now on. Give me a break, I hope that's not the case.
You will take a lot of fun out of autocrossing if put the top speed at 60mph
instead of 70mph where it has been. And you may loose a lot of members and
money because so. I hope SCCA Solo 2 is not headed towards slow courses on big
sites more in the future, because if so I might just run the local events
where we like to go fast. That's my opinion, I'm out.