Re: Potential new helmet rule would affect autocrossers

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Potential new helmet rule would affect autocrossers
From: Calvin Sanders <calvins@highrpm.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:41:56 -0500 (EST)
Well according to this

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/airbags/pages/FAQsABOnOff.htm

You can find someone that is very short, claim they drive you car, and get
the medical waiver filled out and get the on-off switch installed. It
sounds like the "correct" thing to do and still stay legal everywhere.

With that said. I find it very hard to imagine that a normal sized person
in a normal air bag car could possibly get a broken jaw with my slightly
older full face Simpson which does have much in the way of padding around
the sides of my jaw. At autocross speeds I just don't see it as possible.

Calvin
http://www.highrpm.net