Re: Fiero upgrade

To: <stu@yahoogroups.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fiero upgrade
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 07:59:18 -0400
> Anyway, I have given up writing letters. Thus, the question I have is
this - - -

> Why not cut the hat from the donor '88 strut tower and weld it onto the
tower of the early chassis as part of the upgrade? The single hole which
previously had to be drilled when doing this upgrade would not be required.
The tower hat would be be an original '88 hat - -correctly positioning the
strut - - and no additional holes would be required. No harm, no foul!
Don't take this personally, George.  Sure.  As soon as they (whomever they
are) allow welded in camber plates (ala IT cars) in SP, SM, SM2, etc.
What's the difference as long as we're just cuttin' & weldin', right?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Mini-Viper  #69 STS