Re: track and prepared

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: track and prepared
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:49:22 EST
In a message dated 2/27/04 9:10:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jrogerson@Houston.rr.com writes:

> Track for prepared cars is defined by the rule book, class by
> class, line by line.  The shop manual is NOT involved.  You could say that
> minimum is not defined, but it actually is by the amount of metal that can
> be removed from the inner wells and frame.

I believe the 2004 rule book states that the minimum track dimension in
Prepared is the stock dimension.  I haven't received my rule book yet, but it
was
supposed to be in there.  Wheelbase is also supposed to be +/- 1" from stock in
2004.  There are engine specifications that relate to stock dimensions as
well.  While a factory shop manual is a great source for this information, I
realize that it may not be the only source, and may be difficult to come by for
some competitors.  The PC and AC need to realize this in their pursuit of
legality.  In my case, I have a factory shop manual and a showrom stock spec
book
that both cover my model.  If that doesn't answer the question, the burden of
proof is on the protestor.  If you don't supply some form of evidence of
legality of the protested part, it's difficult for the PC to reassign the
burden of
proof.

Charlie