Re: First computers, was: team.net history

To: Eric Salem <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Subject: Re: First computers, was: team.net history
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:38:40 -0600
Eric Salem wrote:

> Got out of Journalism School on this very day in 1989 and it took a few
> years to figure out what a bad idea that degree was.

C'mon, now, Eric!  Journalism may not pay worth a crap but it's
certainly a challenge.  And it's paid me enough (barely!) to keep the
Mini running since 1987.  I've been a broadcast journalist for 30+
years.  And I wouldn't trade it for the world.  You'd probably be
appalled to know how little I make, but I wouldn't trade this profession
for the world.

I've got a big nose and I get paid to go around sticking it into other
people's business!!

However, unlike many of my cohorts, I'm a firm subscriber to the
practice of objectivity and unbiased reporting.  I know that's rare in
this day and age but I firmly believe in just presenting the facts and
letting my audience decide what to do with them.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman