Re: First computers, was: team.net history

To: "Autox" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First computers, was: team.net history
From: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:14:35 -0800
Music out of a radio?  Now you're pulling our collective leg. :^)

You could get a Commodore 1541 disk drive to sing songs by uploading a
program to it's CPU that would vibrate the stepper motor in tune.  Did I
mention I used to make a fair amount of money aligning those drives? :^)

1969 - Breathing
1971 - Toilet
1972 - Crayons
1974 - Pencil
1977 - Pen
1978 - Pocket Calculator
1982 - VIC-20 (BASIC and 6502 assy)
1984 - Commodore SX-64 (BASIC and 6510 assy + repair)
1986 - Atari 520ST (repairs/upgrades)
1995 - Pentium 90 (networking)
1997 - K6-200 (more networking)
1999 - P3-450 (VB5/6, ASP, SQL)
2001 - Athlon 1.4 (VB, ASP, SQL)
2003 - Athlon XP 2200+ (VB, ASP, SQL, C#)

Will Kalman
'91 Escort GT - STS