Re: Valvoline.com Gives SCCA a Bad Rap?

To: "Crider, James A." <JamesCrider@metaldyne.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valvoline.com Gives SCCA a Bad Rap?
From: "Wentzel" <greendot1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:34:54 -0500
> (Spotted recently here in the Detroit area:  Civic DX with cut springs and
original steel wheels and wheel covers.  Owner is overheard explaining the
stock wheels to a pal, saying "I cut the springs two weeks ago, but when I
got my set of 20s yesterday, they wouldn't fit 'cause the car's too low.
The #$)#*@ tire store wouldn't refund my money 'cause the wheels and tires
were special-order.  Now I got $6000 tied up in wheels I can't use."  "Did
you test fit one?" "Yeah, before I cut the springs."  The cause/effect
relationship apparently didn't occur to him.")

Ah, the advantages of plastic cars. Cut to fit around the wheels.:-)

Bruce