Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST

To: "Team.net List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:33:07 -0400
Wasn't the exclusion list designed to stop a tire from being dominant?

If yes, then I noticed the Azenis isn't on it. Sure, it doesn't win every
time, but it sure is dominant. I'd bet that it's more dominant than Hoosiers
are for "R" tire classes...

If no, and the Azenis shouldn't be on it, then I shouldn't have to worry
about another dominant tire showing up only to be placed on it. After all,
there already is a dominant tire that is not excluded, why should any other
dominant tire be? To do so would be hypocritical.

Or, is it OK to have a dominant tire, as long as it's cheap? <grin>

Of course, a determined maker will simply change the name of the tire every
year and announce it as a new tire... Since putting tires on the exclusion
list is a reactive process, by the time the STAC/SEB figures out that the
"new" tire is just as fast as last year's "old" excluded tire, the damage
will have already been done, just to go through the same process the next
year.

Mike