Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST

To: "Team.net List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:51:41 -0400
> If they let GT cars run rampant there, it would diminish as well.

FYI, 15.11 allows GT cars to compete in their respective Prepared classes.
That's been there for quite some time, and has never bothered me too much.
What bothered me about it is that it allows you to use the GCR to build an
autocross car without any Solo rule restrictions. (other than the 10% for
being a 15.11 car)

> SP is slowing becoming the builder class and ST and SM is the new add on
crap class.

Where do you get this? Anything you do in SP is by default legal in SM, so
if SP is a builder class, SM is just as much so, and then add to that what
SM allows beyond SP.

ST is a "add on crap" class, but it's also built on sand and could
singlehandedly be made a LOT less desirable by a determined tire company.
All one has to do, is make a treadwear 140 tire that is a dry-tire only that
costs $200/tire or so. That will require the 2nd set of wheels and the tire
cost will eclipse that of Hoosier AS's. At that point, there ceases to be an
advantage of having the street tire requirement.

Mike