Turbine Q (RE: S2000 clutch)

To: "'Eric Salem'" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Subject: Turbine Q (RE: S2000 clutch)
From: Carrie Sparling <CarrieSparling@identicard.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:07:45 -0400
> Wouldn't a turbo-fan jet engine be considered internal combustion?

Actually, this reminds me of something I was wondering about (and your
question is helping to confirm my deduction)...

Pardon my ignorance, here: In turbine-powered vehicles that are mechanically
driven (as opposed to being propelled by the exhaust of the turbine), such
as the Chrysler Turbine car of the 60's, jet-powered tractor pull
"tractors", and possibly Jay Leno's motorcycle... Where is the mechanical
link to the drivetrain? Is it really just the fan of the turbine? What kind
of reducer must there be to translate that ridiculous RPM into streetable
revolutions of something like a driveshaft?

Believe it or not, this is the kind of pillow-talk that goes on at my house.

-- Carrie

116 ES/16 ESL

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended
by SPX Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it
is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please
delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the
sender of the error by reply email or call SPX Help Desk at 215-293-2811 so
that the sender's address records can be corrected.