Re: Numbers

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:47:53 -0500
I have a proposal that will satisfy everybody.  Print barcodes for every
competetor and tape them to the car.  Then issue each corner a reader with
an infrared wireless transmitter.  As the car comes through the corner read
the barcode and punch a 0, 1, 2, etc. for downed cones on the transmitter.
All that the corner workers will have to do is chase cones.  No paperwork.
The computer in timing and scoring will automatically read cone counts and
print results.  For multiple drivers you tape over the first two or three
numbers on the barcode with duct tape.  You can make the barcode out of
clear plastic and the bars can be any color, because the reader is
colorblind.  For formula cars and carts attach one of those orange bicycle
flagpoles and stick the barcode to the flag.  I can't see any down side to
this proposal.  Can you?

Terry