RE: need clarification on a rule, please...

To: "'Scott M. Stone'" <sstone@foo3.com>
Subject: RE: need clarification on a rule, please...
From: "Bruce Haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:34:08 -0800
> Just to pick a nit...If you removed a cat you are not smog legal
anymore
> per federal law. The feds just don't enforce the laws; they dump that
on
> the states and some are simply more lax than others.

still has *a* cat, though, and should still pass the tailpipe
emissions...
i hope anyway heh

That is kinda what I was getting at. The state inspectors (sometimes)
just look for "a" cat and if they see one, good enough. Especially if it
passes sniff test. Here in the P.R. Kalifornia they have "test only"
stations where repairs are not allowed and cars are randomly selected
every year
and required to go there. They miss NOTHING.