Re: "Tahrs"

To: <JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com>, <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>, <mattm@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: "Tahrs"
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:30:45 -0600
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com <JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com>

>[SNIP] "the correct NASCAR usage was 'I done cut a tar.'"
>
>Go ahead, make fun

Before we get carried away here, I'd like to point out that I wasn't making
fun of anyone.  I was only pointing out that I have always heard NASCAR
reports use the term "cut" to describe a damaged tire.  I only repeated the
"done" part because somebody else said it.  I usually have heard something
like "I cut a tire".  I don't expect that every NASCAR team member and
official is Southern.  Some of them have even been
cheeseheads^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Wisconsinites.

The only reason Minnesotans don't think we have an accent is that ours is
the one they teach to the radio and TV people.  We do say "you bet", eat
hotdish and bismarks (not together), and in the Twin Towns we even use
binders instead of rubber bands.

So make a couple of cracks about patching tires with lutefisk and relax.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org