Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock shock rules rewrite?
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:50:00 EST
In a message dated 1/11/02 10:06:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, TeamZ06@aol.com
writes:

        [snip]

> The reality is the most expensive
> shocks often don't win, but everybody's so damn paranoid about it we've
> resorted to running around like a bunch of chicken littles screaming "...
> the
> sky is falling, the sky is falling ...".

A couple of recent examples come to mind.  Andy McKee won A Stock
at Topeka this past year on a set of Koni single-adjustables, while a large
number of the folks behind him were on those high-dollar shocks.  IMO,
he drove so much better than the rest of us he probably would have won
the class driving on the OEM shocks.  And in 1991, TC Kline did exactly
that, won SS in a Corvette on the OEM shocks.

GH