Re: [Solo2Atlanta] Why most autocrossers don't want their sport

Subject: Re: [Solo2Atlanta] Why most autocrossers don't want their sport
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:18:27 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 bthatch@juno.com wrote:
> Interesting that Canada will televise but we don't here in the states,
> where it all began. Figures. No self-respect, IMHO.

Ben, I'm not sure that repeatedly insulting those who disagree with you is
the right way to convince them you're right.

Some of us have been involved in other forms of motorsport all along the
curve from grassroots to pro.  Some of us have seen the downside to having
the spectators be the focus vs. the competitors.

Karting and dragracing, to me, seems to have the best balance from what
I've seen of having available facilities and serious racing but without
sacrificing the competitors to the holy dollar.  If you want to emulate a
series, I'd start with those.

Mark