Minutes

To: "Jerry Onks" <svcjmo@home.com>
Subject: Minutes
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:57:17 -0500
At 02:00 PM 12/1/01 -0600, Jerry Onks wrote:
 >Dick, your equation . . .

I don't have an equation . . . I have three shop manuals that undoubtedly
do some rounding in order to result in relatively "round" numbers. <grin>

I also have a shop manual for a 1984 Nissan 200SX. It gives the toe specs
in metric, inch, and MINUTES. Let's see, 60 minutes in a degree so the
specified 8 minutes equals 0.1333 degree "equals" the specified 1.5 mm
"equals" the specified 0.059 inch with a 185/70X14 tire. Sounds like the
"ratio" is still reasonably close, or at least closer than the toe
tolerance ranges most manufacturers specify.

This is just too much fun. Time to do something else useless:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford