Did you have to leave?

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Did you have to leave?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:33:45 -0500
Did you have to leave the Solo II Nationals without competing? Please tell
me why.

I am interested in very brief notes (not full-blown stories) on how the
tragedies of Sept. 11 impacted our championship event. I plan to turn this
into a piece accompanying the Solo II Nationals coverage in SportsCar.

We lost a couple of hundred competitors and I am finding out it is not all
just a case of being related to someone in New York or Washington. This
thing is hitting us in so many ways most cannot comprehend. Individual
reasons that called competitors home are many and varied. I am looking to
relate a few such stories as examples of the effect this has had on us all.

I am not looking to start a thread on Team.Net, so if you want to send to me
privately that may be best unless you just want to share with your fellow
netters.

I'm also not too interested in the pessimistic "Aw, they're not gonna run
any more so I'm going home." There were a number who left for that reason.
They missed quite a remarkable experience.

--Rocky Entriken
  Chief of Writers