How to rotate slicks?

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, rmadursk@galstar.com,
Subject: How to rotate slicks?
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:56:56 -0400
I need to rotate my slicks.  They are wearing unevenly and I don't want to
cord the insides too soon.

The car is an 88 Red Devil F440.  I have about -3deg camber in front, the
rear axle is solid.  Both the front and rear are wearing the insides of the
tires more than the outside.  The fronts are wearing because of the negative
camber and braking.  The rears are wearing (I think) because of the way the
tires get dragged around a turn due to the solid rear axle.

Anyway, what I'm thinking about doing is moving the rears to the front
putting the more worn side out and reducing the camber a deg or so until the
wear evens out a little.  Moving the fronts to the rear with the worn side
out and get ready for some oversteer problems for a little while.

The car has been handling and working extremely well with the current setup.
I've been slowly moving the brake bias to the rear to slow down the wear on
the fronts.  That seems to help a bit.

Anyone have any other suggestions?  Besides buying new tires :-)

TIA.

Ronald M. Madurski
SAIC/FBI Senior Systems Administrator

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- - Albert Einstein.