Re: CART/Texas Motor Speedway

To: psosborn@gte.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CART/Texas Motor Speedway
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:19:23 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/01 9:04:40 AM Central Daylight Time, psosborn@gte.net
writes:

<< Several fans who were visably upset carried large signs with
 unprintable language, describing the drivers as WIMPS, with no balls!  I
don't
 know, VERTIGO at 235...Yeah, I'm a wimp too...
 Phil O. >>

I would bet that none of these people have ever been in a real race car??? I
drove
around TMS in my March Sports 2000 in 1999. I had a 118 mph 4th gear in @ 7300
RPM's. I hit the rev limiter coming out of the first corner and entering the
back straight. Even at that speed you could feel the effects of the 25 degree
banking. It really puts you down in the seat!!!! These are professional
drivers, they
know when to walk away from a situation thats not right. The right thing was
done,
no matter what a few fans(Dumb Asses) think.

Mike B. 99cm