Re: Removing SCCA stickers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing SCCA stickers
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:54:27 -0700
On Sunday, April 15, 2001, at 06:09 AM, Andy Whittle wrote:

> What chemicals are safe to use to remove the glue used on the typicel
> vynal
> stickers.  The car is a 96 Neon.  I have tried bbq lighter fluid.  I
> also
> have wd40, lacqure, xyline, carb cleaner,  brake clean.  My concern is
> the
> paint.  Does anyone know what the paint is.
>
> Thanks for any help.  (Cus I hate to paint)

3M makes an adhesive cleaner/remover, #08984, which is available at any
auto paint supply store. For simple stickers I use lighter fluid or bug
and tar remover but for those difficult items the 3M stuff works great.

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023