Re: Sites dwindling

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sites dwindling
From: Reijo Silvennoinen <rase@telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:13:30 -0700
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> The problem we have in the SF Bay Area is that we wouldn't be able to
> autocross on it due to noise problems with surrounding houses.  We're having
> to look for a place out in the stix, and thinking about getting karters,
> police agencies, etc. involved.  I'm not sure we could get Mon-Fri businesses
> involved due to the remoteness required to have an autocross site...
>
> Charlie

There may be more than one way to skin the cat.

If you design a site with a central autocross pad with buildings or sound
attenuation fences/devices around the pad, then your noise levels would be
greatly reduced.  They are commonly used for subdivisions adjacent to freeways
and such.  That would be an extra cost item but you never know until you explore
the possibilities.

If there is an acoustic expert here, they may be able to comment further on
that.

Regards,

Reijo

--
Reijo Silvennoinen, P.Eng.
President, CSCC, CSCC Nat'l Event Rep., Calgary, Alberta