Re: SM2 Stuff /trailered cars

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: SM2 Stuff /trailered cars
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 18:57:08 -0500
Loren Williams wrote:

> Please note that this is my opinion, it's not necessarily based on what the
> rule book says the intent of the classes are.  Just trying to explain why some
> of us don't like the idea of trailered "street" cars.

I understand what you are saying, but it just does not hold water.  The
only way to express intent is to actually write it into the rules.  Are
you going to look down on someone who decides to Autocross for the first
time, picks up the rule book, builds an all-out ST car, and trailers it
to the event??  It's not fair to spring "intent" on him after he builds
the car to the rules.

I was initially disappointed at the very rapid progression of Formula
Jr. from a relaxed fun parent/kid thing into an extremely competitive
and technically demanding class.  Bad on me...I forgot that any class of
competition will attract those who will utilize the written rules to the
fullest extent despite intent.  Goes with the territory I guess.

Pat