Re: prosolo

To: p.zahornasky@att.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: prosolo
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 20:05:32 EST
In a message dated 12/28/00 10:53:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
p.zahornasky@att.net writes:

<< The issue with cooling on Formula Fords is not weight.  An electric fan
only
 weighs a few pounds.  The real issue is that the fans have to run off of the
 battery as there is no alternator.  Run the fan too much, and you are done
 for the day, not enough juice to fire the plugs.

Paul

I ran four(Thats right four) electric fans on the March S2 last year. I never
had a problem with the battery onboard as long as I always used an external
to start.
At a two day event at Salina last year I forgot to switch them off before
putting the car in the trailer. The next morning I opened the trailer and
could here the fans still
running. The car wouldn't turn the starter over with the onboard battery but
started with the jumper. I finshed the second day without incident. If you
use "Muffin" fans
for electrical(industrial) applications the draw on the battery is very small.

Mike B. 99cm