Re: prosolo

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: prosolo
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:35:28 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Dennis Hale wrote:
> I think one of the core reasons for a small interest
> in prosolo by Prepared and Mod class drivers is the
> number game that creates a win for a much cheaper and
> slower stock class car. That may work for the stock
> guy but gets old in a hurry for the P/M one.

What does this mean?

> My EP car costs about $45 a minute to operate, plus transportation. My
> EM car is somewhat more than twice that amount. Getting "beat" by
> Neons and Miatas seems not a good return on the expense.

Well, don't get beat then.  :-)

I'm always confused by arguments against ProSolo that say "my car costs
$blah to operate and therefore its not worth running a Pro".  How the hell
is it worth it for regular soloII?  By any sane fiscal measurement, we're
all idiots anyway.  We do this because its fun.  If you don't have fun at
Pro's that's certainly fine, but tossing some "my car is expensive to
operate" rationalization on it is just that.

> The overheating, delicate clutch, reliability and repeatability issues
> are very real too. The silly things are not ready for an hour of
> thrashing in a day. Maybe a CM but none of the other classes are. And
> without the firebreathers there is not much to draw a crowd with. As
> much as I like my Miata, I will not sit around for a competition
> between 6 of them especially if a couple of AM or BP cars are
> nearby....

Me either.  That's why I want more prepared / mod cars at pros!  :-)

Mark