Re: wrecks

To: "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>,
Subject: Re: wrecks
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:17:09 -0600
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>

>IMNSHO, people who slow, or even STOP, on freeway entrance ramps need
>to be punted into the nearest drainage ditch ASAP.  The purpose of an
>entrance ramp is to allow you to build speed so you can merge with the
>flow of traffic on the freeway!  I have to deal with numb nuts like
>that every day here in Louisiana

Better.  I get on an entrance ramp.  See that some meatball has stopped at
the bottom of the ramp.  This moron is gong to have the devil's own time
getting on the freeway with zip for acceleration space.  I slow way down
about a hundred feet back and wait for brainless to finally get a break and
get on.  Moron #2 comes up behind me in a pickup.  Passes me on the grass,
drives down the ramp and parks directly behind moron #1 at the bottom of the
ramp.  The fool could see over my car and could have seen moron #1 stopped.
Now I have two of the idiots holding me up.  Moron #1 eventually gets a
break.  Moron #2 is still waiting.  If he'd given it a moment's thought
instead of passing me, we could both be on our way by now.  Arrrrrrrrrrrrg!

Then you have folks with crap hanging from their mirrors, busily swinging
around training their brains to ignore sudden movements off to the side...
It's kind of a wonder we ever get where we are going in one piece.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.