Re: 200 Cylinders/38 yrs of life.

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: 200 Cylinders/38 yrs of life.
From: "Steven Eguina" <seguina@unionfundingusa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:09:11 -0800
Katie,

My morris minor came to the same fate.  My brother who painted a gold
racing strip on the side.drove it about 70 to 80 mph for about 45 min and
that was the end of the flathead 4 CYL.  It went to the crusher in the back
of a dump truck.  Poor car!

I talked to your mom earlier about her GT 350.  All my cars were real cheap
back then.  I paid more for my last Camaro than any of them and NEVER lost
any money.
It was a great time.

----------
> From: Kelly, Katie <kkelly@spss.com>
> To: 'Steven Eguina' <seguina@unionfundingusa.com>
> Subject: RE: 200 Cylinders/38 yrs of life.
> Date: Monday, December 18, 2000 4:40 PM
>
> Wow. My first car was a Morris Minor. My dad bought it for a dollar, and
> bought it from him for a dollar, and then he sold it at some swap meet
for
> five, and never paid me for it. But that's not the bad part. I was
devasted
> when he sold the car, but my dad says I should consider Fred's (the
Morris
> Minor) side of it: he was crushed.
>
> Ba da bump.
>
> My mom's grocery getter was a '66 GT 350. I still cry when I think about
the
> day they sold it and it drove away forever.
>
> Cheers,
> Katie

1968
> 8    68 Z/28 same results with Frank  But now I'm Mark Donahue sp?
> 8   66 GT 350 clone  Same as Franks car, but I'm still not Frank
Stagnaro.
> 4 sometimes 3 CYL     Renault Dolphin Used this to drive as a bill
> collector for Sears                            while in college we got
paid
> by the mile 40 MPG and the Z/28 got 12MPG.
>
> 4   66 MGB street racer my car
> 8   66 GT 350
> 6   69 911E  great car except for suspension
> 6   ford econoline
> 6   another ford econoline ( couldn't live with out it, plus the dog was
> crushed when

>                      we sold the first one)
>
> 1975
> 6   73 911T  great car and good suspension
> 8   76 Ferrari 308 GTB4  OK It didn't break and what fun.  I was single!
> 8   73 formula 350 Firebird ( a friend owned it and it was perfect.)
> 8   77 Ferrari 308 GTB  STILL OWN
>
> 1979
> 8   82 yes 82 Group 5 Pantera  (should still own) fun car
> 12  74 Daytona Ferrari  (should have sold the 308 and kept this one)
>
> At this point my wife informed me we had more money tied up in cars than
> our house was worth and we were running out of room.  " I KNOW DEAR WE
NEED
> A BIGGER GARAGE! "Geeee!  She never complained when we were just dating!
>
> 4   Spec racer Renault ( I don't know a French motor) Fun and cheap to
> race!
> 2 or 6     82 Mazda RX7  GSL her car
>
> 1984    Now the  first kid!  and as you have observed ALL two seater
cars!

> 8   70 something Dodge Sportsman 3/4 ton van for the kid( not to tow the
> race car. Honest!)
> 8   85 IROC Camaro her car.  Guess who ended up driving the truck.
>
> 1985 -  14 months later SECOND kid.  NOW SHE DRIVES THE TRUCK!
>
>      Took a few years to go sailing.  Sooo! no new investments!. (Thats
> what I called

>    the cars HEE HEE.)
>
> 1995  November  - Boat sank off coast of North Africa!  Back to cars they
> don't sink!
>
> 8   96 Camaro SS  My Red and Black car I ran in ESP 96 to Wendover 98
> 8   96 Camaro SS John  Ames White and Orange car purchased Wendover 98
and
>                           I'm still not John Ames. (SEE STORY BELOW.)
> 6   97  Chevy Van  HERE IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!
>       When I got home from Wendover, I told her I would buy a Van and
drive
> the Van and she could drive the Red Camaro SS.  I had just gotten back
from
> Wendover and we decided we needed a Van for more FAMILY ROOM.  She asked
> why my times were DSQ at Wendover and I told her because I drove John
Ames