Re: 200 Cylinders/38 yrs of life.

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: 200 Cylinders/38 yrs of life.
From: "Steven Eguina" <seguina@unionfundingusa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:19:33 -0800
Hi! everyone. Here's a Life of Cylinders and Cars!

Wow,  looking over everyone's list it starts to make you feel old.( Also,
makes you glad to still be running events in  S Calif. so I don't have to
think about it.) Not sure if this is to be all inclusive but her goes.  A
life of Cylinders and Cars!
1962 I was 15 years old!

Cylinders etc.
4   1952 Morris minor conv. Towed home with 1 inch of water in the bottom.
My dad             always reminded me he bought me my first car.($50 WITH a
new top)
4   1952 MG TD   I STILL OWN!
4   57 MGA Dads friend sold it to me.  Boy what power compared to the TD.
8   66 GT 350  Oh ye! now I'm Caroll Shelby!  With lots of tickets.

1968
8   67 Z/28 ran this car against Frank Stagnaro in Pleasanton, Calif. 1968
8    68 Z/28 same results with Frank  But now I'm Mark Donahue sp?
8   66 GT 350 clone  Same as Franks car, but I'm still not Frank Stagnaro.
4 sometimes 3 CYL     Renault Dolphin Used this to drive as a bill
collector for Sears                            while in college we got paid
by the mile 40 MPG and the Z/28 got 12MPG.

4   66 MGB street racer my car
8   66 GT 350
6   69 911E  great car except for suspension
6   ford econoline
6   another ford econoline ( couldn't live with out it, plus the dog was
crushed when

                     we sold the first one)

1975
6   73 911T  great car and good suspension
8   76 Ferrari 308 GTB4  OK It didn't break and what fun.  I was single!
8   73 formula 350 Firebird ( a friend owned it and it was perfect.)
8   77 Ferrari 308 GTB  STILL OWN

1979
8   82 yes 82 Group 5 Pantera  (should still own) fun car
12  74 Daytona Ferrari  (should have sold the 308 and kept this one)

At this point my wife informed me we had more money tied up in cars than
our house was worth and we were running out of room.  " I KNOW DEAR WE NEED
A BIGGER GARAGE! "Geeee!  She never complained when we were just dating!

4   Spec racer Renault ( I don't know a French motor) Fun and cheap to
race!
2 or 6     82 Mazda RX7  GSL her car

1984    Now the  first kid!  and as you have observed ALL two seater cars!

8   70 something Dodge Sportsman 3/4 ton van for the kid( not to tow the
race car. Honest!)
8   85 IROC Camaro her car.  Guess who ended up driving the truck.

1985 -  14 months later SECOND kid.  NOW SHE DRIVES THE TRUCK!

     Took a few years to go sailing.  Sooo! no new investments!. (Thats
what I called

   the cars HEE HEE.)

1995  November  - Boat sank off coast of North Africa!  Back to cars they
don't sink!

8   96 Camaro SS  My Red and Black car I ran in ESP 96 to Wendover 98
8   96 Camaro SS John  Ames White and Orange car purchased Wendover 98 and
                          I'm still not John Ames. (SEE STORY BELOW.)
6   97  Chevy Van  HERE IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!
      When I got home from Wendover, I told her I would buy a Van and drive
the Van and she could drive the Red Camaro SS.  I had just gotten back from
Wendover and we decided we needed a Van for more FAMILY ROOM.  She asked
why my times were DSQ at Wendover and I told her because I drove John Ames
car on Sunday and he was on different tires. She Said " Oh, he just wants
you to buy his car! "  I think it was the look on my face
, but 2 seconds later she said "        YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER CAR!  THAT'S WHY YOU
BEING SO NICE AND OFFERING TO DRIVE A VAN, YOU NEED A TOW VEHICLE."  I told
her it wasn't my fault that GUY ANKENY and TOM BERRY were their an they
said it was a good car.  She wasn't impressed with all the money I'd saved
in buying Johns car Vs changing the Red SS.  (Why does that work for them
at a dress sale!)

1    98 Sears Lawn mower ( very little use )
1    97 FJ Go Kart
8   98 Firebird Conv.  company car. Talk about a car that needs subframe
connectors!
8   99  GMC truck.  To tow with and drive.  She won't give back the Red
Camaro!

That it!  200 Cylinders and 38 years of life.  Steve Eguina #86 ESP

PS:  Don't tell the Wife but I found an old 1985 Camaro IMSA/Trans-Am car.