RE: Demographics Now

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Demographics Now
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:18:42 -0500
<<<Paul it's people like you that give Porsche owners a bad name.>>>

Wow. Two flames in the same day over the same apparent misunderstanding.

<<<You said, "Virtually nobody quits road racing and takes up
autocrossing">>>

Yes I did.

<<<I then, explicitly, sited two individuals who no longer road race having
given it up for solo. To further erode your case 3 other people site
simmilar situations.>>>

I only remember Mike Dickerson saying he knew of some. Then in his post it
was obvious he really didn't since he only listed current road racers who
also autcross which was not what I stated.

<<<From this you conclude that these are these only three examples of said
conversion out of the 55,000? members of the SCCA.>>>

I stated that given the SCCA had 50,000 member that a few people made my
point. To me, a handful out of 50,000 is virtually nobody. Now that is a
very relative term of course. How many would it take to become, say hardly
anybody? I'd say a couple of hundred. But that is just an estimate mind you.

<<<Had you thought about the small portion of the total membership that
reads
this list?>>>

How is that germane to this thread?

<<<Had you thought about the small portion of this list that actually reads
your logic challenged posts?

Take the P-Car bigot rants to www.rennlist.com>>>

Thanks again for the very nice flames.

Paul Foster