Re: Neon cust svc question

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>, ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Neon cust svc question
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 17:34:55 -0800
At 12:51 PM 12/5/2000 -0700, Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org> wrote:

>Looking for advice on my wifes 1998 Dodge Neon R/T.  CEL = Check Engine
>Light

>[many CEL's deleted]

>As you can see it's been a busy year for us at the same dealership.
>They've been nice and all but our 3/36k warranty is almost up.  The car
>now has just over 35k miles on it and I'm wondering what will fail next.

Aren't most check engine light faults emissions related?  If so, they may
be covered by a longer warranty - I don't know if I'm remembering
correctly, but I think there's a federally mandated 8yr/80K warranty on
emission-control systems, as part of the Clean Air Act.  You might want to
check your owner's manual, and check with the dealer or the manufacturer...

Hope this helps,

Jim Ochi
jochi@liquidaudio.com