Street Mod notes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Street Mod notes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:28:15 -0700 (MST)
   How about taking a Herald, dropping in a 3.5 litre V/8 from a Triumph TR8
   and pumping it up with the available go-fast parts?

Yeah, right, where on earth would you find an autocrosser that would have
even the slightest interest in a TR8 powered Herald sedan, especially a car
with a similar suspension as his current autocross rides?

For those of you not familiar with Triumphs, the Herald was available as a
four seat sedan, or convertible, or station wagon, even a panel truck.  The
Herald and Spitfire relationship is similar to that of the Ford Falcon and
the Mustang.  I guess if four doors were required instead of just four seats,
a Triumph 2000 would fit the bill.  And the 2000 sedans have a better rear
suspension out of the box.  Of course, if one were to put the TR8 motor in
a Herald, the wimpy little diff and rear axles would need to be changed, too.

Hmmm, wonder what a Triumph Acclaim would be like to prep, there should be
lots of goodies available for that Honda based sedan?  But then again, the
Acclaim was never available in the US of A, so I won't argue for its inclusion.

mjb.