RE: What's wrong with this picture?!?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What's wrong with this picture?!?
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:45:35 -0500
Dennis Grant replies:

<<<Note that the problem here is the language, NOT the intent. SM is NOT
for
sports cars, it is a class for modified, street driven sedans.>>>

Then the DSM and Supra Turbo should be excluded too. They are just as
much sports cars as any 944 variant. They have much more in common than
they do in difference. After all, we are talking about a 3000 lb car
that should make about 350-275 hp with $5K worth of aftermarket parts.
No, the problem is that you have set the limiting mark for SM at a
certain point and you can't reasonably rationalize why the likes of a
944 should be excluded other than you fear that riceburners will not
turn out in droves as a result of having to run against the marque. I
think neither statement is true.

Paul Foster