Re: Crossing Tie-down straps/attaching points

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crossing Tie-down straps/attaching points
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:00:24 -0400
Sure, I'll bite.  I have been using attaching points that allow the
suspension to work on the trailer, mostly for ease of towing purposes.  I
found back in my drag racing days, that attaching the straps to body hooks
or subframe holes, and cinching the suspension down so the car would not
move, made it a part of the trailer in a sense. The resulting dynamics
created a trailer that bounced more, making the ride in the tow vehicle
extremely unpleasant, especially on wavy or un-even pavement.  Of course,
this was many years and several tow vehicles and trailers ago, and since
letting the vehicle's suspension operate worked for me back then, I have not
tried this cinching method with different trailers and vehicles.

Phil O.