Why I Drive a Mod car

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why I Drive a Mod car
From: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:17:56 -0500
Cause I like it! It goes like stink! It is way more fun than when I was in
stock class! (For me, if you are having fun in stock, good)  I started out
in HS, and had a really great time. (1965 110hp Corvair) Then I wanted to
go faster period. I did not really care about beating anyone, just wanted
to go faster.  A friend had a prepared Corvair, and he could do courses
like 10 seconds faster, and that sounded like a rush.  He wanted to sell
the car, so I bought it.  I was right it was a real rush to go 10 seconds
faster.  Had that car several years, and figured out it would never be
competitve in CP, even if I had way much money. (I don't)  I wanted a car
that could be competitive in a "fast class", and I am lucky to live close
to the "Midwest Westfield factory", and there happened to be an EM
Westfield for sale.  I sold my '87 Grand National and went EM.  Talk about
a rush...that 6 min in the car on the weekend keeps you smiling til the
next event.

Mod is plain fun, faster is funner.

I am always interested to hear certain people claim how easy it is to be
fast in Mod cars and how hard it is to do well in a Neon....(Eric L comes
to mind)  Think about it this way if you are doing the course in 5 fewer
seconds, you have that much less time to think and do the right thing on
course.    IMHO it is pretty hard to be top notch in all of the classes.

Jeff (gotta go faster) Christianson
#65 EM